Kadaknath also known as Kali Masi is a rare breed of chicken, a native of Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh, India. This black bird has traditionally been reared by the tribal communities of the region. Kadaknath means something strong and it is jet black in colour. Its flesh, blood, bone everything is black and looks very aggressive much more than any other chicken breed in the country. It is not just the look that makes this bird special, but it has other unique qualities, it has high proteins, iron and low fat content & is beneficial for people suffering from asthma, cardiac diseases & other ailments.
Try out this recipe of the Kadaknath Chicken which is flavoursome and delicious.
- 500 Gm Kadaknath
- 2 Sliced Onions
- Mustard Oil
- 1 Whole Garlic Pod
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Dry Red Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Wheat Flour
- For Garnish
- Coriander Leaves
- Green Chilli
- In a heated pan, add sliced onions and dry roast it until it turns brown.
- Add mustard oil, crushed garlic and sauté.
- Add kadaknath and fry it.
- Add water, salt as per taste, turmeric powder and stir it.
- Add it in a clay pot and cook it.
- Crush the red chillies along with mustard oil and salt.
- Add wheat flour, chilli paste and mix it.
- Garnish with coriander, green chilli, onions and serve