Who doesn’t like aloo ki sabji? Hera’s a flavourful twist to aloo ki sabzi. Dish from Mathura. Chutney is very famous in Mathura. 100% vegetarian dish – no onions, no garlic & no ginger.
These stuffed and fried potatoes served in a flavourful yoghurt gravy will make you drool. You can enjoy this sabzi with roti, paratha or fulka.Dish from Mathura. Chutney is very famous in Mathura. A must in wedding ceremonies in Mathura.
Given below is the recipe…. Try it at home… Happy Cooking
- 4 potatoes
- potato skin
- water as required
- oil for frying
- 50 – 100 gm paneer
- 4 – 5 raisins
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 20 gm coriander leaves
- 10 gm mint leaves
- 5 green chillies
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 2 tbsp coriander chutney
- salt as per taste
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 – 8 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tbsp cashew nut paste
- coriander leaves
- Peel the potatoes in the shape of a drum. Separate the peel and potato and transfer them to a bowl of water.
- Now empty the potato with the help of a scooper to make a hollow cylinder. Fry the potatoes and peels.
- Fry the paneer in the same pan. Mash the fried paneer and fried peels.
- Add raisins, cashews, almonds, pistachios, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, mango powder, coriander chutney, salt and mix well.
- Stuff the fried potatoes with the filling and cut them into halves.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the potatoes from one side.
- In a bowl, mix yoghurt, salt, turmeric, red chilli, coriander powder and sugar.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add green chillies, asafoetida, curd mixture, cashew paste and mix well. Cook the mixture until the gravy is done.
- Transfer the gravy to a bowl and place the fried potatoes on it. Sprinkle some almonds, pistachios.
- Heat ghee in a pan and sprinkle some chilli powder in it and mix well. Drizzle the spiced ghee on the potatoes and garnish with coriander leaves.
Like & Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/harshagardenrestaurant