(Bedmi is a poori of Rajasthani origin, which is made by kneading refined flour, ground moong dal or urad dal and some spices and condiments. … Once the poori is perfectly fried, it becomes inflated, acquires a reddish brown color and a crispy texture.)
For The Puri Stuffing:
- 200 gms urad dal
- 3 nos green chillies
- 5 gms ginger
- 2 gms asafoetida
- 2 gms red chilli powder
- 8 gms coriander powder
- 2 gms jeera powder
- 1 gms aamchur powder
- 4 gms garam masala powder
- 40 gms coriander, chopped
- 45 ml cooking oil
For The Dough:
- 480 gram atta
- 120 gms semolina (rawa)
- 2 gms salt
- 15 gms oil
For Raseele Aloo:
- 500 gms potato quarters, boiled
- 150 gms tomatoes, chopped
- 150 gms onion, chopped
- 30 gms cumin seeds
- 15 gms coriander powder
- 8 gms cumin powder
- gms turmeric powder
- 15 gms salt
- 180 gms tomato gravy
- 100 ml cooking oil
- 20 Fresh coriander leaves
For Accompaniment And Garnishing:
- 150 gms vegetable kachumber
- Potato salii
- 5 gms coriander leaves, chopped
- 50 Green chillies, fried
- Measure out all the ingredients separately for the stuffing, pooris and Raseele Aloo and keep it aside.
- Chop some green chilies and ginger for the poori stuffing.
- Chop the tomatoes and onions for the Raseele Aloo
- Soak the urad dal in water for 2-3 hours. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters. Parboil the potatoes with little salt and turmeric powder and keep it aside.
Prepare Bedmi Stuffing:
- Grind the whole urad dal to a coarse paste using 2-3 tablespoons of water. Ensure that you don’t make a smooth fine paste of it.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add asafetida. Add the ground urad dal and mix it well. Avoid the dal from sticking to the pan.
- After 3-4 minutes of cooking the urad dal, add the chopped ginger and green chilies and sauté.
- Add all the powdered spices- red chili powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, aamchur powder and garam masala powder and cook till raw flavour of masalas have gone.
- Once the mixture appears loose and crumbly in texture, add the chopped coriander.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the mixture onto a pan or tray to cool it down.
Prepare The Dough:
- In a stainless-steel bowl take the measured quantity of atta, semolina, salt and the prepared stuffing and bind the ingredients into a dough. Add water to make a tight dough
- Once the dough is ready, add the oil and knead well to make the dough smooth.
- Allow the dough to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into small balls and roll each dough ball into small round pooris.
- Deep fry the pooris in oil and serve hot with the Raseele Aloo.
Prepare Raseele Aloo:
- Heat Oil in a heavy bottom vessel over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seed and sauté, followed by the chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Cook until the onions become translucent and the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and fry well.
- Cook till the spices are well fried. Add the boiled potatoes and cook for 15-20 min until the potatoes have cooked completely.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with the pooris.
- Garnish the hot Raseele Aloo with potato salli and freshly chopped coriander and serve with fried Bedmi Puris, accompanied with Kachumber
Like & Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/harshagardenrestaurant