Bhindi Pakora –
Simple and tasty snack recipe prepared from finely chopped ladies finger which is later mixed with besan and rice flour batter to deep fry.
- 10 bhindi / okra / lady finger
- 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- few curry leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ¾ cup besan / gram flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, clean and wipe the bhindi well making sure there is no moisture before chopping finely.
- Further add 2 green chilli, 1 inch ginger, few curry leaves, ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder and pinch of hing.
- Also add ¾ cup besan, ¼ cup rice flour and ½ tsp salt.
- Combine all the ingredients well without adding any water.
- Also squeeze the bhindi well to release moisture and make dough moist.
- Now take a small ball sized dough and drop into hot oil.
- Make sure to spread the dough and not pile up one over another.
- Fry on medium flame stirring occasionally.
- Also fry till the pakodas turn crisp and golden brown for approximately 15 minutes.
- Finally, serve crispy bhindi pakoda with green chutney along with masala tea.
Like & Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/harshagardenrestaurant