A common snack recipe prepared across all states of india and is typically known with local names. in kannada it is known as eerulli baje, kanda bhaji in marathi and vengaya pakoda in tamil.
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- few curry leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ¼ tsp ajwain / caraway seeds
- 1 cup besan / gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 thinly sliced onions.
- Also add 1 inch ginger, 2 green chilli, few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp ajwain and pinch of hing.
- Additionally, add 1 cup besan, 2 tbsp rice flour and ½ tsp salt.
- Combine well making sure to squeeze onions well.
- Without adding any water squeeze out the onions till the moisture is released.
- Combine till dough is formed. if onions do not release water, then sprinkle few drops of water.
- Take a ball sized pakoda dough and drop in hot oil. do not over crowd the oil as it wont get crispy.
- Fry on medium flame till the pakoda turns crispy and golden brown.
- Finally, drain over kitchen paper and serve onion pakoda with tomato sauce and chai.
Like & Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/harshagardenrestaurant