https://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/blof-featured-image-1.jpg 476 863 Kanchan Athalye http://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/mt.jpg Kanchan Athalye2020-06-16 11:12:022020-06-18 15:04:05RABINDRANATH TAGORE: THE FOODIE
Niramish Dimer Dalna (Vegetarian Egg Curry)
- 1 kg potatoes
- 250 gms yellow chana dal
- A paste of ginger, onions, green chilli, turmeric, garam masala (as per your judgement)
- A bit of sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to cook
- Ghee for garnish
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in halves.
- Scoop them out from the centre.
- Soak the dal overnight and grind it into a paste along with sugar and salt.
- Stuff this dal into the potatoes. It will resemble yolks.
- Shallow fry them lightly and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and saute the blended masala.
- Pour some water and let it come to a boil.
- Add the stuffed potatoes.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Garnish with dry garam masala and ghee