https://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/blof-featured-image-1.jpg 476 863 Kanchan Athalye http://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/mt.jpg Kanchan Athalye2020-06-16 11:12:022020-06-18 15:04:05RABINDRANATH TAGORE: THE FOODIE
Mutton Curry (Tagore family’s recipe) / Kosha Mangsho
- 10 to 12 with bone mutton pieces.
- 1 potato, cut into half.
- 1 cup of onion slices.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 1 inch ginger.
- 1 tomato, finely chopped.
- Spice powder (1 Teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 Teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 Teaspoon of roasted cumin and coriander powder).
- Salt and sugar.
- 2 to 3 green chilies.
- Whole spices (1 bay leaf, 5 cloves, 4 green cardamoms, 3 – 4 black pepper corns, 1 small cinnamon stick).
- 1 Teaspoon ghee.
- 4-5 Tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Warm water.
- Make a smooth paste of onion slices, garlic and ginger with little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of sugar in hot oil and caramalize it.
- Then add the paste of onion, ginger and garlic in that oil. Cook for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and pinch of salt. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- When the oil starts separating add all the spice powder and enough salt. Mix well for 3 minutes.
- Its time to add the mutton pieces.
- Mix everything in high flame for 5 minutes, then lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mutton will release lots of water.
- Add the potatoes and half cup of warm water. Mix well and cook until they all become soft.
- After that heat 1 Teaspoon oil / ghee in another pan.
- Add all the whole spices in that hot oil / ghee. Sautee for 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Now immediately add that oil with whole spices to the fully cooked mutton curry.
- Also add green chilies and simmer for 4-5 minutes with lid.
- Then turn off the heat, let it rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Enjoy this hot with some steamed rice or plain roti.