https://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/blof-featured-image-1.jpg 476 863 Kanchan Athalye http://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/mt.jpg Kanchan Athalye2020-06-16 11:12:022020-06-18 15:04:05RABINDRANATH TAGORE: THE FOODIE
Kabishambardhana Burfi/ Cauliflower Burfi
It was the favourite dessert of none other than Rabindranath Tagore. It’s an unique dessert which is made from cauliflower and amazing in taste. It’s still made at his home on his birthday.
- 1 medium size Cauliflower
- 1 cup grated khoya
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon hot milk
- 1 tablespoon Kaju
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped Pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Few Saffron strands
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 3 cups Water
- Silver leaves and dried Rose petals for garnishing.
- Take the cauliflower remove the steam and cut into medium size pieces.
- Take a pan add the water and cauliflower and boil properly.
- Once it boiled drain the water and let it cool completely.
- Soak the saffron in hot milk and keep it aside.
- Once the cauliflowers cool completely put them into a blender jar and make a paste without adding water.
- Take a pan,heat the ghee and fry the kaju and raisins.
- Then add the cauliflower paste stir continuously on low to medium heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add sugar and saffron milk and keep stirring till the sugar has dissolve.
- Add khoya and keep stirring till the khoya has melted.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Stir and cook the mixture has semi dried up.
- Grease a plate pour the mixture into the plate,spread evenly, garnish with chopped pistachios and let it cool for 3 to 4 hour.
- Cut into pieces garnish with silver leaves and dried rose petals and serve