https://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/blof-featured-image-1.jpg 476 863 Kanchan Athalye http://www.maitreegroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/mt.jpg Kanchan Athalye2020-06-16 11:12:022020-06-18 15:04:05RABINDRANATH TAGORE: THE FOODIE
BHAPA ILISH RECIPE
As the monsoon is here can Ilish be far behind. First thing that monsoon brings to our mind is Ilish (Hilsa Fish) which is a delicacy to Bengalees and is very near to our heart
- Hilsa fish (Ilish) = 500 gm
- Mustard paste = 2 Tablespoon
- Poppy seed (posto ) paste = 2 Tablespoon
- Sour curd = 4 Tablespoon
- Green chilli = 5 pieces
- Mustard oil = 4 Tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder = 1 Tablespoon
- Boil 6-7 cups of water in a flat bottomed vessel.
- Keep a bowl in that boiled water.
- Make a paste of salt, turmeric powder, mustard paste, poppy paste, sour curd, green chillies and mustard oil.
- Keep the hilsa fish pieces in that bowl & pour the created paste on it. Smear the paste properly with the fishes.
- Cover the vessel & boil the water. Then leave it in low flame & steam the bowl for 25 mins.
- Take out the bhapa ilish from the bowl and serve with rice.