There are many lesser known Indian recipes which are made from veggie peels or leaves that are usually discarded by us. Over a period of time, we are losing these recipes as we don’t realise that some vegetable peels, leaves or roots also carry nutritional value. Given below is one of them. Do try and let us know…Eat Healthy & Enjoy…
Gobi ke danthal ki sabzi recipe – a dry spiced curry made from cauliflower stalks and leaves. A vegan dish. Don’t expect any restaurant flavours or taste in this one. This dish belongs to the vast collection of recipes that are cooked every day in Indian homes.
- 1 full Gobi danthal (cauliflower stems)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Ginger
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 small Green chili, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Haldi
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli Powder
- 5 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 5 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Take a fresh cauliflower and make sure its stem is fresh and green and not wilted. Let’s begin by cutting the danthal/cauliflower stems first.
- Remove stalks and leaves from cauliflower.
- Save the cauliflower
- Peel the stalks and…
- Cut them in small pieces.
- Cut the leaves too.
- For the thick stem part, cut and slice them into pieces.
- Wash them thoroughly under tap water.
- Rub the pieces and wash them again. Drain and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and as they start to crackle mix in ginger and garlic.
- Saute for few seconds and mix in chopped onions. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Mix in chopped tomato and tomato puree. Mix and add spices.
- Cook for couple of minutes until oil starts to separate.
- Add chopped danthal (cauliflower stems).
- Add water and cover.
- Let it cook for 20 -25 minutes or until the cauliflower stems are soft and tender. You can choose to pressure cook this for 4-5 whistles.
- Cook until all the water has evaporated and oil starts to separate.
- Adjust seasonings..
- Serve hot with warm rotis and homemade curd.
Like & Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/harshagardenrestaurant