In Monsoon when the whole of India is busy eating various Pakoras, Himachal is busy plucking of Green Apples. Recipe first tried in Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh. This recipe is made using green apples and is mostly cooked in Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh in monsoon. This is a dish with no Onions, garlic or any other garam masala. Simple preparation with Khatta Meetha and spicy taste. Goes very well with hot Steam Rice. Try this and let us know your experience…..
- 5 – 7 tbsp ghee
- 1 – 2 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 – 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- 5 – 6 green apples
- 1/2 cup walnut paste
- water as required
- 20 gm raisins
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 10 – 12 walnuts
- Heat ghee in a pan and add black cumin seeds, yoghurt, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Add chopped green apples, walnut paste, water, raisins and mix again.
- Let the mixture cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- In another pan, heat ghee and saute fenugreek seeds, walnuts and add to the apples.
- Hare Seb Ki Sabji is ready to serve.
Like & Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/harshagardenrestaurant